Crunchyroll have confirmed staff and cast for the upcoming Tower of God, along with its premiere date.
In case you missed our prior coverage, the Korean webtoon (digital manga, or “manwha” since it is a Korean manga) was revealed to be getting an anime adaption. Later it was revealed to be a “Crunchyroll Original“, one of eight series produced by Crunchyroll themselves.
The plot (via Wikipedia) centers around “Twenty-Fifth Bam”, a boy who has spent his life living with his friend Rachel under the Tower. When Rachel manages to get inside, Bam pursues- and faces challenges on every floor as he tries to rescue her. The story was also the first set in the “Talse Uzer” series.
Crunchyroll have now revealed staff and cast for the anime. You can find the full rundown below:
- Director: Takashi Sano (Sengoku Basara: End of Judgment)
- Assistant Director: Hirokazu Hanai (Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas)
- Series Composition: Erika Yoshida (Trickster)
- Character Design: Masashi Kudo (Bleach), Miho Tanino
- Music: Kevin Penkin (The Rising of the Shield Hero)
- Bam – Taichi Ichikawa (Seiji Maki in Bloom into You)
- Rachel – Saori Hayami (Sachi in Sword Art Online)
- Headon – Hochu Otsuka (Jiraiya in Naruto)
“The original LINE Manga is very interesting and includes art, and we did our best to preserve the feel of the original,” Director Sano explains. “Due to the complicated plot, it was difficult to consolidate all the attractive episodes into the TV series, but thanks to the efforts of writer Yoshida-san, I believe we were able to extract the essence of the original work.”
MyAnimeList also reports the series will be co-produced with Line Webtoon. Rialto Entertainment will be the Japanese region producer, while Production Management will be handled by Sola Entertainment.
You can find the new trailer below:
Tower of God premieres April 1st on Crunchyroll.